Saturday, May 7, 2011

local eggs

I found a place to buy local cage free eggs and I'm so excited that I'm sharing!! This woman is a sister-in-law of one of the women in my meetup group. She was very nice and actually I can see us being friends. She let Ollie pet her baby goat, just a week old! She sells a dozen eggs for $3.00 if you supply the container. That is a steal of a deal and cheaper than a grocery store! Her name is Bethany and her number is 480-478-9259, she lives in Gilbert close to downtown. If you live in Gilbert, you can support a local family at the same time as have delicious, healthy eggs for your family.

On a side note my mom is visiting and we're spending our first Mother's Day together tomorrow :) Today we went to the farmer's market in Gilbert. We bought some organic produce including lettuce, tomatoes, green beans, and cucumber. Cilantro, which I don't like but my Mom says she will change my mind this week. And these huge turnips pictured below.



I'm not really sure what we're going to do with them. Do you have a turnip recipe? Please leave it in the comments.


This was a real find for just $3. This man makes all kinds of wood toys in his spare time. There were cars, planes, fire trucks, dump trucks, cradles, and toys big enough to ride on.

Here's my little rock star having a particularly crazy hair day.

Have a great Mother's Day weekend :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, I love it! I wish I could find local eggs in Vero Beach, how do I go about that? I had never had turnips before that I could remember until Art's mom made them for Thanksgiving one year. She usually steams them and mashes with butter, salt and pepper, yum!!!

    ReplyDelete