Saturday, June 18, 2011

status quo

Those of you that have seen me during the last 11 months know that I am breastfeeding. And for those of you that have asked or are wondering what we're going to do now that the baby is turning one- the answer is nothing. I'm not stopping or changing a thing. Now, I could quote organizations on the health benefits, talk about celebrities that breastfeed, or mention the amazing benefits to me that it provides. But really we're going to keep doing it because it's easy, free and the little guy loves it! He knows the sign for "milk" and he asks for it (a lot). And have you ever thought about how breastfeeding is great for the environment? Even if you only do it for a few weeks, it comes from you so there is no production cost, no packaging, and no transporting. You don't need any bottles or water to make it. No fancy equipment required! Although some fancy equipment is fun, you can buy cute nursing covers, nursing pads, special clothes and bras. Also, the almighty breast pump. A crutial decision in a new moms life. The one that I bought is manufactured by a company that also makes formula. Should it be any surprise that it doesn't work very well? Conspiracy??  I wish I had known not to buy the Evenflo pump, please spread the word to new moms.

So, all is good in our home and all is staying good. Little guy is popping new teeth all the time and is up to 6. He's also taken a few tentative steps by himself. We're looking forward to his first birthday in a couple weeks. We can't wait to see our families and celebrate!


yee haw!



the stink face of teething


do you see my new teeth?


p.s. I made my own deoderant and it works great! Mix equal parts baking soda and cornstarch, add coconut oil to desired consistancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment