Thursday, June 30, 2011

the good stuff

You know that I went through and purged my beauty products for all things toxins. And truthfully I took two things out of the bad pile to keep (mousse and conditioner). Now I'd like to share the good natural bathroom products that we use every day and I'd love to hear what your favorite natural products are.

I have to apologize in advance to those readers who do not have access to a Trader Joe's, you may just want to quit reading right now. We buy many of our products from them, they are so good about making their own cheaper brand. If you do have a TJ's in your area go there, check out the prices and thank me! I'm sure there are many amazing products out there to spend your money on. But I try to do everything on the cheap since I stay at home and we live on one income.

First of all toothpaste, Trader Joe's (see, I told you you'd be mad) makes an excellent natural toothpaste. I didn't like the taste at first, but now I'm used to it.

deo- I make my own and it works better than anything I've ever tried. Mix 1/4 cup cornstarch with 1/4 cup baking soda, add coconut oil to desired consistency and a few drops of essential oil like lavendar. Take a deep breath and savor the freshness, ahhhh...

face lotion- tried Trader Joe's and not a fan, I don't want an SPF with Oxybenzone in it on my face all day. Sometimes I use Jojoba oil, sometimes I use Aveeno, sometimes I use nothing. I would love to hear what you are using. I bought an Avalon Organics lavendar scented face lotion and it was heaven, I felt like I had been to the spa every time I use it. But it's pricey- at Whole Foods it was $18 for a small jar!

body lotion- my whole family uses plain old olive oil, while your skin is still wet from the shower/bath. It's like a little massage. I'm going to put vanilla essential oil in it for a natural bug repellent during the summer.

shampoo and conditioner- from Trader Joe's again, they have an awesome line of tea tree oil products and I think they're around $3 a bottle, come on now, it's practically robbery.

soap- we use a TJ bar soap made of oatmeal and honey, it's awsome and just $2 for 2 bars.

So, what do you use? Anyone else <3ing TJ's as much as me?

BTW if you like me and my blog please become a "follower", it's super easy just enter your yahoo or gmail email address. You will not get any emails or spam - promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment