Friday, June 24, 2011

Hives!


This is what I woke up to this morning. Hives! All over my beautiful baby's body. I was so scared for him. I first put him in the bath with some oatmeal. Then took him to our pediatrition when they opened. Actually, the first person I called was my Mom, or Dr. Momma (she's not a real doctor but she may as well be with as much natural healing reading that she does!) She was so helpful and reassuring, thank you Mom. Our Dr. prescribed Benadryl for the itching and homeopathic drops for whatever was giving him the reaction. I've been racking my brain thinking about what it could be and I still don't know. The weirdest part of all of it is that when I leave him with my husband and leave the room all of the hives go away.  We don't know if it's the timing of the Benadryl or something about me that's setting him off. It's a horrible feeling that I may be causing my baby to feel like that. I tried putting breastmilk on him, by taking some I had frozen and putting it in a syringe then squirting it on his skin- it got everywhere! But he smelled so good and milky. He didn't want to eat or drink anything but he would still nurse. It made me SO thankful that we're still nursing.
I'm really giving myself a guilt trip because I've been trying to eliminate toxins from our home and use more natural products and he still had a reaction. To what?! I guess we'll find out if it happens again. I should be glad that it's not more serious and that he's strong enough to recover. I'll keep you updated on his progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment