Thursday, April 7, 2011

our diapers

Come on, you knew it was coming..
We cloth diaper and are proud of it! Our reasons are environmental, budget and to protect our baby's sensitive buns. I know many of my friends are CDers and some are not, so here are some pics of how we do it. Just a peek into our diaper world.
step 1
step 2

our set up: prefolds, covers, wipes and wash.

#1s go right into the bucket. #2s get sprayed on the dirty diaper board then into the bucket. 
 I wash and hang dry outside about twice a week. We spent $200 on the start up cost, then about another $200 on cute covers and accessories and that's it- we're good til he's toilet trained! We use disposables at night because I'd rather sleep than change a diaper at 2am and also when traveling by airplane, cloth diapers are not exactly compact.



4 comments:

  1. Hi Nikki! I love the blog- thanks for the invite! The photos of how the cloth diaper process works is quite helpful! My husband, Geovanny, and I definitely want to do the cloth diaper thing when we have our babies (hopefully over the next few years). I'd love to know where you bought your materials and any other tips so I can mentally prepare! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading Ash! I can absolutely see you cloth diapering a soft little bootie one day :) I bought most of our things from http://www.zoolikins.com/ because it's local and I can pick up the diapers. They even had a class on how to do it and it was so helpful. I've also shopped at http://www.gogonatural.com/ http://nickisdiapers.com/
    http://www.weewilliewinks.com/store

    I was surprised to find a whole world out there just for cloth diapering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's Nicole Eastwood, Nice to hear and see this blog, I myself nursed and use cloth diapers. I thought it was easy. Never thought of it to be hard or gross but, safe and very money saving. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Nicole! It sounds like we have a lot in common. How old are you kids now? I'm looking forward to meeting you one day soon.

    ReplyDelete