Saturday, April 9, 2011

Tissues: necessity or obsession

Those of you that know me well know my obsession with kleenex. And I quote my friend Morgan "from October through April you will find Nic on the couch with a box of tissues". It's become ridiculous how many boxes we have in our house. Kitchen, Living room, babies room, both bathrooms and bedside table, plus in the car and always an entire box when I travel! But now I'm done. We're switching to hankies. We're keeping one box for when people are over (lol) but the rest of them will not be replaced. Just one simple way to replace a disposable product with a reusable one and produce less garbage. And through example, teaching our little one to reuse as well. Ah- choo!

2 comments:

  1. This is hilarious, we have Kleenex boxes everywhere too! I thought I was addicted to blowing my nose, and I noticed when I realized I blew my nose after every single shower. I stopped one day and told myself my nose wasn't even running, so why was I doing this?? I now tear every Kleenex in half when I use it as not to be QUITE as wasteful, but I'm not ready to switch over to the hankie just yet. It drives Art crazy when he has to blow his nose and pulls out one of my halfsies, which doesn't cut it for him LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great Lexy! Halfsies lol! Going to use that technique. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete